Tuesday, July 3, 2012

She is Drunk , Slut She Must Be!



Few days ago, I had been to a party, a grand one thrown by the company to all its employees in celebration of a new launch . It was, in fact, my first corporate party .Recently graduated from College, frankly, it was the first instance where I could have been served booze openly and have it without the fear of warden catching me red handed. I was pretty excited about all this new ‘adventure’, trust me it was all new for me. I am not much into drinking, but still that feeling was just oozing through my face. Everybody was having their good times in their way which was perfect in all senses. A bunch of them were completely out , dancing on the DJ floor, falling at times and then getting up , trying to act as sober as others.  
                   Amidst all these, there was a pretty lady (probably a two year senior employee) who was a little up, high and flying after some shots. And with her lady friends, she was moving with the beat, enjoying every moment just like others. To me, it was a perfectly normal affair.  But at some 6-7 feet away from that group, I was standing , probably waiting for the my lost gang. Suddenly, I heard two or three boys standing close to me, blabbering about the girl. For a moment, I felt like my jaws were clenched out of surprise. There was that surprise to see the foulmouthed and cheap thinkers after a long time.  I was not shocked , believe me. I just felt sorry for those dudes, their primitive thinking in particular.
                  If the people like us sitting in the corporate offices, having the best quality education possible and probably the ‘ best brains’(as they say)  can’t think rationally , then how can the society expect to move itself forward for the betterment?. How could we expect illiterate people living in the remote villages to do justice to gender discrimination that has been happening since many many decades?. The mentality of people keeping the females in the shadows , keeping them away from a position equal to their counterparts has been really a sad affair. Boy drinking hard is THE DUDE, the girl doing the same is an easy catch. It was just one simple incident, showing the low thinking, there are lacs of incidents happening in the country which comes down more severely to the feminine class.It is just one sorry state of affairs that we have to deal with yet in the 21st century.

No comments:

Post a Comment